Sustainability is fundamental to the PPP concession model, requiring engagement and cooperation with a wide range of interested parties and stakeholders. BAM’s sustainability focus is on the positive impact we can have, offering the best service for our customers now and focusing on what lies ahead.
BAM PPP adheres to Royal BAM Group’s comprehensive sustainability strategy, which is applied throughout its worldwide operations. The basis of this policy is that we conduct our business in such a way that our values and behaviour are aligned to the expectations and needs of all of our stakeholders and the wider society.
BAM’s strategy is ‘Building a sustainable tomorrow’, with the aim being to provide our clients with the best in industry capabilities and sustainable solutions across the total lifecycle of an asset, to contribute to the global movement towards sustainability and provide employees a safe and rewarding work environment.
BAM’s ambitions is to be a net positive organisation by 2050. This means we’ll reduce our negative environmental and social impacts, as well as enhancing our positive impact, to create a positive balance.
We’ll achieve our goal by balancing different areas of impact across three key themes.
- Climate positive
- Resource positive
- People positive
In BAM PPP, we are;
- Engaging with local communities via initiatives to develop learning and leisure programmes that allow the community to use the facilities and services we create in a positive way.
- Adopting sustainable design solutions for the future, including a review of how we can optimise assets and look at innovative business models to deliver long-term value.
- Enabling solutions to reduce waste over the project life cycle, i.e. actively pursuing life cycle analysis and incorporating circular economy solutions.
- Developing on-site renewable energy production, appropriate to the needs of both the development and also to end users.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of the development project/concession to meet stretched CO2 targets (i.e. zero carbon solutions).
- Developing lasting partnerships with our customers and stakeholders by promoting positive benefits for all.
BAM PPP volunteer at Glasgow Riding for the Disabled
BAM PPP attended a volunteering day arranged by the CSR team, assisting local charity Glasgow Riding for the Disabled.
BAM Bikes & Marion's House Volunteering
In September 2017, BAM PPP colleagues volunteered for our charity partner, CLIC Sargent, by renovating a garden space at one of the organisation's...
BAM participates at the National EuroPride Canal Parade
BAM participated as the first construction company ever (together with Arcadis, Schiphol Airport, Rijkswaterstaat, and Shell) in the 2016 EuroPride Pa...
A recent annual volunteering event took place with Paradventures, an organisation which facilitates adventures for disabled children, assisting and en...
Easter Egg Collection
The last few years have seen the BAM PPP Glasgow office team take part in an Easter egg collection. 2015 saw the eggs donated to CHAS (Children&r...