Sustainability is fundamental to the PPP concession model, requiring engagement and cooperation with a wide range of interested parties and stakeholders. BAM’s sustainability focus is on the positive impact we can have, offering the best service for our customers now and focusing on what lies ahead, through our 'building the present, creating the future' strategy.
We have continued to engage with the business (as well as other Royal BAM Group companies and external stakeholders), to define what sustainability looks like for BAM in 2020 and beyond, towards 2050. The new strategy consists of three key themes: Climate Positive, Resource Positive, and Enhancing Lives; together with a set of KPIs to form part of the strategic agenda 2016-2020. The intention is that by 2020 we are able to start making real step changes towards having a net positive impact in the long-term.
Sustainability is a major driver of our design and property management solutions for the whole life of the facility. Increasing focus is being given to how we respond to issues of sustainability and the needs of communities and stakeholders in the proposals we make, and include:
- Engaging with local communities via initiatives to develop learning and leisure programmes that allow the community to use the facilities and services we create in a positive way.
- Adopting sustainable design solutions for the future, including a review of how we can optimise assets and look at innovative business models to deliver long-term value.
- Enabling solutions to reduce waste over the project life cycle, i.e. actively pursuing life cycle analysis and incorporating circular economy solutions.
- Developing on-site renewable energy production, appropriate to the needs of both the development and also to end users.
- Reducing the carbon footprint of the development project/concession to meet stretched CO2 targets (i.e. zero carbon solutions).
- Developing lasting partnerships with our customers and stakeholders by promoting positive benefits for all.
BAM PPP adheres to our parent company Royal BAM Group’s comprehensive sustainability strategy, which is applied throughout its worldwide operations. The basis of this policy is that we conduct our business in such a way that our values and behaviour are aligned to the expectations and needs of all of our stakeholders and the wider society.
BAM’s main business principles have been divided into the following sustainability themes:
- conducting our business with integrity, with ethical behaviour and transparency;
- good communications with all stakeholders;
- creating customer satisfaction;
- looking after our employees in their workplace and through personal development;
- working with partners with similar core values who promote sustainability;
- reducing energy consumption;
- reducing waste and use of raw materials;
- being innovative and developing sustainable solutions; and
- maintaining ongoing awareness amongst our employees through regular presentations and discussions.
BAM Bikes & Marion's House Volunteering
In September 2017, BAM PPP colleagues volunteered for our charity partner, CLIC Sargent, by renovating a garden space at one of the organisation's...
BAM participates at the National EuroPride Canal Parade
BAM participated as the first construction company ever (together with Arcadis, Schiphol Airport, Rijkswaterstaat, and Shell) in the 2016 EuroPride Pa...
A recent annual volunteering event took place with Paradventures, an organisation which facilitates adventures for disabled children, assisting and en...
Easter Egg Collection
The last few years have seen the BAM PPP Glasgow office team take part in an Easter egg collection. 2015 saw the eggs donated to CHAS (Children&r...
To support the Moldova Clothing Drive, a joint initiative between staff in BAM PPP and our sister company BAM Contractors in Ireland saw staff donate ...