The Belgium Buildings Agency (Regie der Gebouwen/Régie des Bâtiments) awarded BAM PPP the contract for the provision of a prison in Dendermonde, which will house 444 inmates.
Archivolt Architects and BAM Utiliteitsbouw were responsible for the design of the prison, and Interbuild and Galère will be responsible for the construction and maintenance of the prison. BAM PPP will provide hard facilities maintenance for a period of 25 years and soft facilities management for a period of five years, which will be limited to cleaning, gardening, laundry, and catering services.
The scope of services excludes any services that involve direct contact with detainees, and will include the following:
- a courtroom;
- a visitors area;
- a reception area for prisoners;
- an administrative services area;
- a control and intervention area;
- a central prison building containing 300 prison cells;
- a logistics building, including workspace, technical services, kitchen, and laundry services; and
- an outdoor sports area and internal sports room.