The Belgium Buildings Agency (Regie der Gebouwen/Régie des Bâtiments) awarded BAM PPP the contract for the provision of a prison in Beveren, Belgium, which will house 312 inmates.
SPV General Manager Sven Daelemans outlines the background to the Beveren project.
"Archivolt Architects and BAM Utiliteitsbouw were responsible for the design of the prison, while Interbuild and Galère delivered construction and maintenance services.
"BAM PPP will provide hard facilities maintenance for a period of 25 years and soft facilities management for a period of five years, which will be limited to cleaning, gardening, laundry, and catering services."
The scope of services included the following:
- a courtroom;
- a visitors area;
- a reception area for prisoners;
- an administrative services area;
- a control and intervention area;
- a central prison building containing 300 prison cells;
- a logistics building, including a workspace, technical services, kitchen, and laundry services; and
- an outdoor sports area and internal sports room.