Availability Model A94 Forstinning-Marktl
This project was created to improve the trunk road network in the south-east of Bavaria and to connect the industrial locations there with the greater Munich area.
The project involves the design, construction, financing, and maintenance of the Availability Model A94 which comprises 33 km of greenfield motorway construction with four lanes, including hard shoulder between Pastetten and Heldenstein.
In addition to the construction of the new motorway, the contract also includes the maintenance and the operation of the 77 km motorway section of the A94 between Forstinning and Marktl over the 30-year project period.
SPV General Manager Ralf Nagengast outlines the background to the A94 project.
"This is the fourth of eight projects to be procured under the second A-model programme in Germany.
"The development involved the construction of 33 km of greenfield motorway with four lanes including hard shoulder between Pastetten and Heldenstein. The new construction section also comprised the construction of four access points and two rest areas."
The following structures were also built:
- 2/3 of the new section with concrete and blacktopping (DSH-V), and 1/3 with concrete carriageway;
- four large bridges (with overall spans ≥ 100 m);
- 24 medium-sized bridges (with overall spans ≥ 20 m to < 100 m);
- 29 smaller bridges (with overall spans ≥ 2 m to < 20 m); and
- noise protection walls with an area of more than 22,000 m2 .
In total, the operation and maintenance services scope covered 33 km of newly-built motorway, 6 km of an existing section in the west, 38 km of an existing section in the east, and included:
- 7 large bridges (with overall spans ≥ 100 m);
- 72 medium-sized bridges (with overall spans ≥ 20 m to < 100 m); and
- 96 smaller bridges (with overall spans ≥ 2 m to < 20 m).
The project also included an enclosure (noise protection tunnel) with a length of approximately 680 m which also has to be maintained and operated.