Vacancy – BAM PPP seeking an Operations Manager
BAM PPP is recruiting an Operations Manager, based in the Midlands region with travel required to sites in the South East and South West of England.
Reporting to the SPV General Manager, the main responsibilities of the role are:
- Comply with the requirements of the SPV Health & Safety Policy
- Management of the interfaces between the Client, SPV, Facilities Management Contractor and other external parties
- Day to day management of the SPV’s responsibilities including the efficient resolution of problems
About the role
- Chair the monthly Project Meetings attended by the Facilities Management Subcontractor and Client
- Attendance at the following meetings:
- School liaison meetings
- BAM collaboration meetings
- Manage and document the Change Procedure
- Manage the interfaces between the Client, Building Subcontractor (latent defects resolution), Facilities Management Subcontractor and Funders Technical Adviser
- Assist with the preparation of internal management reports
- Liaise within BAM PPP with the SPV’s Company Secretary and Operational Finance Team.
Who are we looking for?
- Degree educated and/or professionally qualified
- The successful candidate will have demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role, including proven management and commercial capabilities
- A good understanding of contracts. Knowledge of PPP contracts would be an advantage
- Entrepreneurial/commercial awareness and good negotiation skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to work under own initiative and in a team environment
- The role will involve some travel so a flexible approach is required.
What do we offer?
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, we provide continuing learning and development opportunities within a creative and considerate work environment.
If you share BAMs value of doing what you say you will, to the best of your ability, every time, we want to hear from you.
BAM PPP is responsible for Royal BAM Group’s involvement in the European public-private partnership (PPP) market. Operating from offices in Birmingham, Dublin, Glasgow, Brussels, Frankfurt and Bunnik BAM PPP is active in road, rail, education, health care, judicial and general projects in its European home markets. BAM PPP has approximately one hundred employees.
We are committed to developing a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customer base and the communities in which we operate. By 2020 we will have a visibly inclusive culture attracting the best talent to our diverse business by having an environment which enables everyone to fulfil their full potential.
How to apply
Please visit BAM Careers to apply for this vacancy.